2008 Media Coverage of Compulsive Buying
- nePsy.com (December 2008):
Compulsive shopping: disorder or disease?
- NOW Magazine (December 29, 2008):
- Divorce360 (December 15, 2008):
Married to a Shopaholic? Holidays Can Be Tough for your Marriage
- Wall St. Journal (December 14, 2008):
This Year, More Than Ever, It’s Tough to Be a Compulsive Shopper.
- Adbusters Magazine December 4, 2008:
- Washington Post (December 3, 2008):
Attention Shoppers, Where’s Your Humanity?
- Compulsive Shopping: Disorder or disease? (December 2008)
- NY Times (October 29, 2008): Consumers Feel the Next Crisis: Credit Cards
- Washington Times (October 20, 2008): Identify Buying Addicts
- Oprah.com (October 9, 2008): Declutter Your Finances
- Business Week (October 2008): When it’s more than a spree
- Body and Soul (September 2008): Closet Case
- CNN.com (September 29, 2008): Gotta Have it — No Matter What
- CreditFYI.com (September 10, 2008): Why TV Shopping Can Wreck Your Personal Finances
- The Motley Fool (August 26, 2008): Lessons From A Shopaholic
- Worthwhile Economics Read by Brad DeLong (August 23, 2008): Tanta: Duelling Discourses of Debt
- New York Times (July 22, 2008): Op-Ed Columnist: The Culture of Debt
- Los Angeles Times (July 21, 2008): Compulsive Shopping: Is It A Disorder?
- New York Times (July 20, 2008): Given a Shovel, Americans Dig Deeper Into Debt
- New York Daily News (July 17, 2008): New TV Special Looks at Compulsive Spenders Who Risk All For a Retail Fix
- New York Times (July 5, 2008): Shortcuts: ‘Two for One’… ‘Free Delivery’… Hooked Yet?
- Washington Post (June 29, 2008): All-Consuming Problem
- Wall Street Journal (June 10, 2008): Hi, My Name Is Fred, And I’m Addicted to Credit Cards
- MSNBC (March 3, 2008): Why We Buy: The Truth About Shopaholics
- Live Science (March 3, 2008): The Truth About Shopaholics
- MSN Money (February 14, 2008): When Bargain Hunting is an Addiction
- Kaua’i Business Report (January 2008): When Shopping Is Out of Control
- Monitor on Psychology (January 2008): Money Talks
- MSNBC (January 17, 2008): Holidays are over; it’s time to pay for it all
- MSNBC (January 14, 2008): Putting a price on happiness
2007 Media Coverage of Compulsive Buying
- Oprah.com (May 25, 2007): Shopping and Clutter
Carrie Rattle is a Principal at BehavioralCents.com, a website for women focused on mind and money behaviors. She has worked in the financial services industry for 20+ years and hopes to inspire women to better prepare themselves for financial independence.