1. To register, go to https://overshopsurvey.healthtxts.com/Account/Register.
When you register you’ll be asked for your name, telephone number, and cell phone carrier. You’ll also be asked to create a password, and asked to agree to the terms and conditions.
2. Once your registration is complete, you’ll click, “Register” and be taken to the “Log In” page. On the “Log In” page, enter your cell phone number and password and then click “Log In.”
3. Logging in will take you to the Program Assessment, a short questionnaire, which asks you for information about your particular overshopping/overspending profile. The information you provide will allow us to tailor the messages that we send you to fit your unique profile.
This is no one-size-fits-all text messaging program! Research shows that personalized text messaging programs are significantly more effective than generic programs.
When you finish the program assessment, click “Submit.”
4. Once you click “Submit,” you’ll go to a page that says “Your Survey Has Been Submitted.” On that page, you’ll find information about how the messaging program works.
Don’t worry about remembering all of this information!
You can see it again at any time by clicking here! In a nutshell, you’re going to receive approximately two messages a day for 12 weeks and you’ll also have the opportunity to text the program for immediate feedback 24/7.
5. If you feel moved to comment on individual texts, or the program as a whole, we’d love to hear from you. Let us know by return text if you have recieved a text that you particularly like, dislike, or would word differently.
Wishing you a positive, successful experience in the program.
April Lane Benson, Ph.D. and
The Stopping Overshopping Text Messaging Team